Why should my child attend a high quality pre-kindergarten program?
- To be exposed to reading and math
- To learn to pay attention, follow directions, and get along with others
- To become excited about school
- To enter kindergarten ready to learn
What can I expect from a PA Pre-K Counts classroom?
- Certified teachers with the education and expertise to teach young children.
- We use a curriculum that will help your child grow, academically and socially.
- Your child’s progress is regularly reviewed to ensure the best teaching and learning activities are being utilized.
- Breakfast, lunch and snack are served daily.
- Our Pre-K Counts classrooms operates Monday through Friday from 8am – 1:30pm beginning in late August/September and ending in June of each year (we operate on a similar school year calendar as SDOL).
Who is eligible for Pre-K Counts?
- Eligible children must be age 3 before September 1st of the current school year and not age eligible for kindergarten.
- Eligible families must be at or below 300% of the current federal poverty level for income.
How much does Pre-K Counts cost?
- Our Pre-K Counts is free to eligible families.
- By enrolling your child in our Pre-K Counts, you can give your child a great start to a bright future.
- The portion of the day that is funded through Pennsylvania Pre-K Counts is free to families; the program may charge for additional portions of the day (wraparound child care, etc.).
- Click here for our online Pre-K Counts Application
- Then click on the blue MyProcare Register Here box
* Completing an application does not guarantee enrollment. It is simply the first step of the enrollment process.
How do I know if my child has been enrolled?
- You will receive a confirmation email and/or a telephone call.
Who can I contact if I have a question?
- You can email us at email@example.com or call (717)392-7413 ext. 254.