Why should my child attend a high quality pre-kindergarten program?
- To be exposed to reading and math
- To learn to pay attention, follow directions, and get along with others
- To become excited about school
- To enter kindergarten ready to learn
What can I expect from a PA Pre-K Counts classroom?
- LEEC employ’s teachers with the education and expertise to teach young children
- We use a curriculum that will help your child grow, academically and socially
- Your child’s progress is regularly reviewed to ensure the best teaching and learning activities are being utilized
- Help you and your child adjust to pre-kindergarten and smoothly move on to kindergarten
- We provide nutritious meals and snacks daily
- Our Pre-K Counts classrooms operates Monday through Friday from 8am – 3pm beginning in September and ending in June of each year (we operate on the same calendar as SDOL)
Who is eligible for Pre-K Counts?
- Children between age 3 and the entry age for kindergarten, and
- Live in families earning up to 300% of the federal poverty level (for a family of four earning $72,900 or less).
How much does Pre-K Counts cost?
- Our Pre-K Counts is free to eligible families.*
- By enrolling your child in our Pre-K Counts, you can give your child a great start to a bright future.
- The portion of the day that is funded through Pennsylvania Pre-K Counts is free to families; the program may charge for additional portions of the day (wraparound child care, etc.).
- Download an application here:
- Or stop by (the address below) to pick up a paper copy of the application.
- Return completed application with copies of birth certificate, W-2 forms and other enrollment forms to:
Lancaster Early Education Center
150 South Queen Street
Lancaster, PA 17603
How do I know if my child has been enrolled?
- You will receive a confirmation email or telephone call.