Volunteer Opportunities at Lancaster Early Education Center
- Rock and play with babies.
- Sing and dance with toddlers.
- Read and build with preschoolers.
- Share your talent and love.
- Front desk/clerical.
Prior to starting your volunteer experience, we require the following:
- Act 151 Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance dated within the last 3 months.
- Act 34 Pennsylvania State Police Criminal History Record dated within the last 3 months.
- Act 114 Pennsylvania Department of Human Services Applicant Fingerprinting Services Online Registration
Be sure to click on the Department of Human Services (DHS) box. Must be dated within the last 3 months.
- Child Care Staff Health Assessment (which must include the tuberculosis screening), must be completed and signed by a physician within the last year.
- Volunteer Application
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Emergency Contact Information
- Signed Confidentiality Agreement
- Two forms of identification (one must provide proof of age).
- Volunteers must be 16 or older.
What Happens Next?
We will contact qualified candidates to schedule an interview once your volunteer application in complete. We want to ensure we match your interests and skills with the available volunteer opportunities.
How to obtain your clearances:
The Child Protective Services Law (CPSL) requires certain individuals to obtain clearances in order to be employed, be a resource parent (foster or adoptive), or be a volunteer with children. The purpose for requiring clearances is to provide employers and those selecting volunteers with information to use as a part of a larger decision-making process when determining whether to hire someone as an employee or select them as a volunteer.
Clearances are required for an employee or unpaid volunteer at a minimum of every 60 months from the date of the oldest clearance. Clearances may be required more frequently based on licensure or employer requirements.
Agencies and organizations must ensure that clearances are obtained in accordance with the CPSL. The required clearances include: